mardi 1 septembre 2015

CABLECARDS cablecards ..........

IS the issue with TIVO's and cables cards really as hit and miss with the hardware as it seems to read here??
_OR_
Is it a software issue at the service provider's end?
Service provider is :COX Wichita, KS:

:confused:

I received a Roamio Basic (refurbished+lifetime) last week, went and picked up needed install kit from local cable provider (cablecard+tuner adapter).

But only two tuners are authorized and I do not get any channels above the basic (local) package [error V58].

All four tuners work off air recording.. but set the box up to receive cable and set to record one of the local channels(0), change to another channel(1) and set it to record. then try to change channels to a third I get an on screen error saying not authorized.

I have two other TIVO's which are working just fine! (P4HD + RB).. I know that I can not just pull the card+turner from one of these to test on my newer unit.

But is there any chance that it is a hardware issue with the TIVO?

The tuning adapter is brand new and still has the stretch scratch protective plastic on it.

Should I just pay for a service call and have a tech come out with a handfull of cablecards and play swap out till it works?? Or it there something that I can tell a CSR to do to get things working?

:David

Update: All four tuners have started working with cable.. but still can not tune into non-basic channels.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire