mercredi 2 septembre 2015

Narcos S01E10

I really dislike season threads and was recently burned in Humans. And since I've binged watched and there is no thread since this went up on Netflix 5 days ago, I'm doing this...

Just some thoughts.

This episode was the weakest of them all but this was a compelling first season. It wasn't the best TV I've ever seen, but it was really well done.

I really like how much Spanish was spoken. It maintained the realsim. Though I don't understand why Murphy was sent to Colombia without knowing a bit of Spanish. You'd think he'd know some especially after working in Miami.

I liked the style. It was almost a documentary. I certainly learned a lot through the narration.

The narration would have seemed overdone in most series but was welcome because of the information it filled in. Obviously, this isn't all fact (they say so in the beginning of every episode). Definitely, names have been changed (see Virginia Vallejo for the reporter Valeria).

The drama and action is good too, but not great. Escobar goes back and forth from sympathetic to pure villain and finally pure villain. I guess that's good. I miss the straight forward Gustavo. I think this is one of the reasons why the last few episodes were not as strong.

I do like how Wagner Moura played Escobar. His pensive looks are great at making wonder what he is thinking.

Watching the change in Murphy was unsettling, too. Even though they showed it to us in the first episode. He told us he did a bad thing but the story getting there is pretty good. But when he told Connie, "This is home," that was a final straw for me.

And, did Pena really give those pics to Pacho/Cali? DAMN!

Carillo is very close. I guess we can forgive him except, as I said I liked Gustavo. He told it like it was.

This makes Gaviria/Sandoval our strongest heroes so far. And so far, they have lived up to it. Was glad Sandoval made it out of the prison.

The weakest part was the family stuff for almost everyone. Steve & Connie? Ehh. Pablo & Tata? Nope. The strongest family connection was with the reporter and the former president and his wife. But even that was not done well.

I'm looking forward to another season. I believe the 2nd may be the last with what I know about the Escobar timeline. Of course, it could easily continue with the Cali Cartel or go back to Miami. But, without Escobar, it will be very different. And with the reaction on here, I am starting to think this may be the one and only season.

PS - A Latino drug script? Let's get Luis Guzman.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire