mercredi 27 juillet 2016

Problem with Roamio Signal Strength - help?

Hi - I replaced my TivoHD with a Roamio about 3 months ago. Generally loving it...

A few years back, I had a problem where the signal to the TivoHD from my Verizon node in the basement was -too- hot. My high-tech solution was to put a couple of balanced signal splitters in the coax path to the Tivo. Worked great, and when I did it, every time I inserted a splitter, I could immediately see a change on the signal strength screen of the TivoHD.

Fast forward to this week - I'm starting to get noise in my recordings. I look at the signal strength on the Roamio and it's at 90%, 36dB. So I think - let's remove the splitters and boost the signal. So I remove 2 (out of 3 total) splitters (the 3rd one actually is needed). The noise reduces significantly, but the -readings- on the Roamio - even 12 hours later, haven't budged (90%, 36dB). I KNOW it's getting a stronger signal, so why don't the readings change?

Does this make sense? Is there something funky in the way this all works that I'm not understanding?

Thanks!
/j


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire