jeudi 3 septembre 2015

Roamio Base KS54 question

Has anyone run KS54 on a Roamio base model all the way through the "Off-line Scan" test (which takes a long time)?

I have a refurb Roamio Base model set up for cable and about 10 days into the 30-day return period. It's running great in general but I have seen very minor pixelation episodes on rare occasions. So I ran KS54 just as a precaution.

I watched it through all the tests up to the Off-line Scan and it passed them all. The off-line scan started and when I saw it was estimated to take 129 minutes I decided to switch the input of my TV to another source so I could watch something other than the TiVo test screen.

I switched back to the TiVo input 2 hrs later and saw the On-Line Scan test result was "Done" (not "Passed" like the other tests) and it had taken only 82 minutes. At this point the TiVo was locked up and the screen gave no hint of an exit method. I tried every remote key I thought might do it, also tried to put the remote back in RF mode, and also cycled the TV power off/on in case it was an HDMI lockup. Had to power-cycle the TiVo, after which it was OK.

Anyone know if this is normal behavior? Or could it have been triggered by switching the TV input away from the TiVo during the test? (I really don't want to repeat the hours of testing just to test that theory.)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire