mercredi 2 septembre 2015

Roamio upgrade, did I kill the HDD partition?

I'm new to this upgrade stuff. I am trying to dry run this with my essentially virgin 500 GB from the Roamio. It only has a couple incomplete recording on it. I did the brute(blank) swap to 1TB on the day the unit arrived.

I'm trying to test drive upgrade/copy with the 500 GB in prep for the 3 TB drive arriving tomorrow. But all the tools I try with this drive in the PC aren't happy with it.

fdisk -l returns "no valid partition data" (I guess this is expected)

(mfslive) pdisk -l returns "bad data in block 15"

winMFS returns "wrong Tivo partition signature"
I also saw one indication that the (Tivo) drive was "byte swapped"

(I forget) complained about an invalid apple partition

I was able to create a ddrescue copy of it, but I haven't verified that it will work in the Tivo, I will try that tomorrow.

Did I kill the 500 GB drive's partition table by booting windows with it hooked up to one of the PC's SATA ports? I did this before finding out that the Tivo had is own unique file system (MFS)

I still have the working 1 TB drive, but don't want to kill it also so I'm trying to debug what happened.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire