mercredi 2 septembre 2015

Upgrading to Roamio, question on network issues

Hi everyone,

I have had a Tivo Premiere just over 3 years and while I'm generally happy with it, I am continually frustrated with the wireless networking issues that happen if I should turn the unit and the N adapter off. I generally don't do this but recently I was out of town for over three weeks and did not feel comfortable leaving my television and computer equipment on that long (I live alone in an apartment). I especially don't like leaving on any product that operates with an ac adapter, like the N unit, since they seem to run so warm. I have everything plugged into a power strip and just switched it off.

When I returned my computer was fine, my router and modem, television and Roku 3 were all fine. But the Premiere would only play without program information. Eventually I went up into the Setup Guide which froze over and over and would not let me get out of it even overnight. I finally exited and solved everything by finding the tiny reset button on the bottom of the N adapter and pressing that (it would be nice if this fix were suggested in the setup guide, I had to read about it by going into Tivo's website).

I know people will probably say don't turn the Tivo off but it seems that the root of the issue is the N adapter? I'm glad it's working but it seems like it may not last forever? Would a better power strip help? What happens to Tivo users who live in areas prone to blackouts?

Now programming is back, but I just ordered a Roamio last night! However I am hoping it will be more reliable since the wifi is built in? It seems like a good upgrade in any event, and I am speculating that I can move my TWC cable card to the Roamio and record OTA with the old Premiere and move shows over Tivo Online?

Finally, is it really a problem turning off either model for a few weeks? I really don't like having electrical devices on if I'm away in the future. Thanks,

Roseha


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire