mardi 28 juin 2016

Bolt and Network Switch

Hi there.

A nasty surge must have hit my networking equipment, as I recently had to replace my Router and 24 port Network Switch. I've replaced each with the EXACT SAME equipment:

>>> Router: http://ift.tt/294HCCi
>>> 24 Port Unmanaged Network Switch: http://ift.tt/294HSkJ

Prior to the surge, my TiVo Bolt had NO problem whatsoever auto-negotiating with the network switch, as the link lights on the switch and at the TiVo Bolt were always lit with blinking goodness. However, since the surge and the subsequent replacement of Router/Network Switch, the Bolt will NOT connect when patched into a port on the Network Switch. It ONLY connects when plugged directly into the Router.

I'm not dead in the water, b/c obviously the Bolt has connectivity w/ the router when directly plugged in - but should I be worried that my new Network Switch is faulty?

Other Tidbits:
> All of my a/v equipment throughout the house are connected to surge protectors of some sort - so I didn't lose any TV's, A/V receivers, or other devices/clients as a whole.
> Both of my TiVo Mini's are fully connected when patched into the Network Switch. They work.
> My two Apple TV4's must have also gotten nailed by the surge, so their Ethernet ports won't work, but I'm using their Wi-Fi capability as a backup. I'll worry about that later. I also have an Apple TV 3 that didn't get nailed. Strange.
> My laptop has full connectivity w/ the Network Switch when connected at the same physical location as the TiVo Bolt (using the same network cabling), which is located inside a cabinet next to my fireplace.
> My laptop also has full connectivity when plugged directly into the same port on the Network Switch at my distribution point/enclosure where the TiVo Bolt would normally be plugged in.


A penny for your thoughts!

-freeway


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire