mardi 30 décembre 2014

Steaming and Tivo Premiere XL4s

I made a fascinating discovery today and one that I couldn't find supporting documentation for. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough?



Basically my understanding was that only the the Tivo Roamio Pros (and maybe Pluses) had built in streaming capabilities along with built in wii-fi. Lo and behold, as I was playing around with my iPhone Tivo app and my Premiere XL4, I realized that not only could I stream recorded shows from the XL4 I could also download shows to the device.



I now also own a Tivo Roamio Pro but as near as I can tell, the main advantage now is that the Pro has 6 tuners vs. the XL4's 4.



Am I missing something here? Was there perhaps a recent software update that gave the TiVO Premiere XL4's additional capabilities?



I had thought that only a TivO stream device would have allowed this kind of streaming from non Roamio Pros.



Ian




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire