samedi 28 mars 2015

Amazon Instant Video Parental Control Pin is not hidden!

I have parental controls configured on my Amazon videos so that you are required to enter my Amazon Instant Video PIN before you can watch shows rated Teen or Mature. When you go to watch one of these restricted shows in the Amazon Instant Video App you're prompted to enter your Amazon Instant Video PIN.



As you enter your pin the digits you enter aren't shown in the big "digit entry" fields. Instead only dots are entered. This done to mask your pin so that anyone who is watching your TV won't see your pin. So far, so good.



The problem is that for each digit you enter the on screen numeric keypad highlights each digit as you enter it, effectively making the dot masking worthless. I.e. they hide your pin in the upper part of the screen while at the same time showing your pin in the bottom part of the screen!



I have a Roamio basic, but I assume this feature applies to all Roamios.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire