dimanche 29 mars 2015

Artifacts / "Hot" Signal

Hello fellow Tivo users. I have been a loyal customer since Series 2, and am experiencing an issue with my new Tivo Roamio (basic). When watching certain shows, I see what looks like MPEG artifacts or macroblocking, usually on dark colors.



For example, in the attached shot you can see Harvey's black jacket on the show Suits. On a friend's Tivo Premiere, the suit is smooth. On mine, it is blocky.



I e-mailed Tivo and they suggested attenuating the signal, so I now have a 9db attenator and a 6db attenuator on the line. The problem did not improve at all.



Does anyone else have any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?



I know there were some older posts where FiOS users (I am on Optimum) with hot signals saw "pixelation", but I am not sure if these are the types of issues they were seeing, since I would consider this more as blockiness than pixelation.




Attached Images





File Type: gif Screen-Shot-2015-03-16-at-9.06.13-PM.gif (174.6 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire