vendredi 25 avril 2014

Can Roamio help replace the Actiontec with FIOS?

Hello all!



I'm a current FIOS user, with a Roamio and a Mini on my network, all using MOCA. I'm looking to upgrade to 802.11ac and was reading about how to do that with the existing Actiontec router. Plenty of guides online of how to do that by either using both routers, or switching my ONT to ethernet.



However it occurred to me, since the Roamio can bridge ethernet and MOCA, can I drop the Actiontec from my network, purchase a new AC router, and wire it to the roamio ethernet port, and have everything work?



I've read that the Roamio can work without the Actiontec via MOCA, but what's unclear to me is if I can chain the rest of my network off of the Roamio, utilizing it's MOCA-Ethernet bridge? Would the Roamio and Mini (as well as all other devices) be able to use the new router for DHCP? Would this have any other effect on the Tivo Mini, which I would still want to use MOCA as well?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire