dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Success using wireless with Mini

Thought I'd share my success story with those who can't run either an ethernet or RG6 cable between rooms.



I used two Buffalo WZR-1166DHP wireless routers to build a wireless bridge. The routers are capable of the newer "AC" wireless protocol. After setting them up, I connected my laptop and got a transfer rate of 270 mbps between the two wireless routers. Of course, the speed is affected by the distance and obstacles between the two routers - so your results will vary.



I plugged the mini's ethernet port to the back of the Buffalo's router (has 4 port switch). Now I can watch live TV and all of my recorded shows perfectly from my Romio in the living room.



I actually have two apartments in the same building (one is my office and the other is my apartment). I could not run any type of cables directly from one apartment to the other. The distance of the two routers is approximately 80 feet.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire