dimanche 31 mai 2015

Min reboot loop at "welcome! starting up..."

So last week my master bedroom mini was in a reboot loop at the "Welcome! Starting up..." screen. Nothing I tried fixed the problem, called Tivo and they couldn't get it working as well. They had me temporarily hook up my guest bedroom mini, which of course worked and I left it that way until I got a replacement for the master bedroom.
Now, today, my guest room mini is doing the same thing after I hooked it up for the first time. Reboot loop at the welcome screen.
I'm apprehensive about calling Tivo again since they initially seemed reluctant to replace my mini for my master bedroom at a minimal cost and transferred/waived the lifetime service to the replacement.

I'll keep futzing with it but I'm afraid I'm going to have to call again. This doesn't bode well with me. My Roamio and two mini's are only 18 months new, with over $1000 investment in equipment and lifetime service on everything. I didn't realize that if one died I'd have to buy a new lifetime. Could this be the life expectancy for a mini?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

*update* I've rebooted my Roamio, unplugged everything from mini, still in reboot loop.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire