mercredi 23 mars 2016

Where is Windows winmfs.exe in 2016? Steps for newbie to replace Series3 HD?

OK – I cry uncle – after following so many dead links and reading so many outdated conflicting approaches from 2007 onward, I have confused myself to point of not knowing where to start.

Can someone point me to the current 2016 instructions for how to replace a failing internal Tivo Series3 drive?

What I have:
  • a second-hand Series3 Tivo with a failing 1TB disk that I did not install
  • a new 2TB WD AV-GP 3.5 Inch, SATA II, 64 MB Cache WD20EURS disk from ___amazon.com/WD-AV-GP-Video-Hard-Drive/dp/B0042AG9V8___
  • a Windows-7 laptop (which I think is more recommended to use for this over my Mac laptop) to which I will attach two USB-to-SATA drive enclosures, one for the new WD20EURS, and the second for the old Tivo drive

What I think I need to do:
  1. Remove all the deleted shows from Tivo disk
    • Can this really be done? Conflicting reports say this is worthless since disk xfer is byte-for-byte copy
  2. Run the WD diags on new disk from PC
  3. Find a Windows version of WinMFS
    • I found ___sourceforge.net/projects/mfstools___ - but this looks to be UNIX only
    • Where do I find the latest winmfs.exe for windows?
  4. Follow the steps in __rosswalker.http://ift.tt/1XOPyaw
    • Except skip the wdidle3 step since my WD20EURS is newer than 2013
  5. msinfo (but I do not see how this works from Windows or winmfs.exe?)
  6. mfsadd (but I do not see how this works from Windows or winmfs.exe?)
  7. Or is it MfsSuperSize?

Is this all spelled out somewhere for 2016 steps with working links? Doesn’t seem to exist.

Or is this easier done from the Mac? If yes, I’m assuming there won’t be a DMG, but are there suggested cmd-lines with switches to use from OSX xterm? Can I really run the WD diags from the Mac?

The instructions in the forum sticky at TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs >Drive Expansion and Drive Upgrade FAQ are based on the missing Windows winmfs.exe.


Any pointers would be appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire