mercredi 27 juillet 2016

Bolt Streaming to PC and Portable Devices

So I am trying to understand what streaming with Tivo actually entails. I originally thought Tivo had abilities similar to a slingbox. That live tv or pre-recorded programs could be streamed to any browser or mobile device using the tivo app, at least on your home network.

I don't have much issue with my iPhone at home, every thing seems to be streaming fine, both live tv and pre-recorded programs. I just hit watch now, it begins recording and immediately beings playback.

The real trouble comes from using Tivo Online from a desktop on my home network. When I look at the guide, all channels say watch now. I hit it, select live tv, a window pops up and says its attempting to start recording and begin playback. It works on a handful of channels. Often times a blank window with a play button only appears, others I get a message saying the copyright holder does not permit streaming. The same thing happens for pre-recorded programs. I don't get it. Why can I stream the same content to my iphone without any issues. They are both on the same network. It's like the browser version is totally broken.

Can someone clarify what can and can't be streamed to what device when you are both on and off your home network. Because I called technical support and it was like talking to a wall. They kept telling me there should be no watch now button when using the browser....:confused:.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire