jeudi 29 septembre 2016

No guide since 9/17

Just venting really.

As a Canadian TiVo customer and satellite TV subscriber, I've been locked into my Series 2 DVD TiVos. I couldn't become a CATV customer as we do not have cablecards on this side of the border. These old units been flawless since Christmas 2005.

Since the Rovi guide transistion, they've been without guide data. I foolishly tried to fix one by re-running guided setup, a task that can't be successfully completed. If you pick satellite, the unit goes into a reboot loop. So your left choosing antenna or cable. The downshot of this, is that you won't be able to even set manual recordings.

TiVo customer service logged this over a week ago. Their response was that they have no probable date when this might be fixed, and that all satellite customers are in the same predicament.

I am really going to have to rethink my TV strategy. It's a shame, because TiVo was flawlessly simple :(


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire