jeudi 22 mai 2014

RCN Roamio-worth an extra 10-15/month?

All,



I'm currently set up with an RCN Tivo Premiere whole home bundle (4 tuner premiere + Tivo Preview).



RCN just announced availability of their Roamio equivalent (T6) in my market. Unfortunately it's going to cost an extra 10-15/month (because of the way billing is set up it's a little opaque). I'm trying to decide if the Roamio package is worth it.



As I understand it the main benefits of the Roamio would be as follows



1. More storage-I have a 1TB external drive and we don't retain a ton of content so the greater storage isn't an issue for me.



2. 6 Tuners vs. 4 - I rarely have tuner conflict and enough of our shows run at multiple times that a little bit of conflict management gets me by.



3. Pause live TV on the mini vs. not on the Tivo Preview: This would be nice but isn't a huge priority for me.



4. Improved interface and speed. How do people feel about this? Is is it a dramatically different experience?



5. Any other benefits? Better video quality? Flattery and compliments? Will sing to my dog when we're out of the house?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire