vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Where transfered vidoes wind up in "Now Showing" menu?

I'm confused. I copy a video file from elsewhere on my PC into the folder designated by my TIVO Desktop Plus, i.e. copy it into My Documents, "My TIVO Recordings" folder. After copying, the TIVO Desktop Plus software confirms that they are in that local PC folder. Perfect. No problem. Not confused yet.



I can then use the TIVO box's "Now Showing" menu and those files are indeed now in the "Now Playing on Gateway" folder [my pc's name is Gateway]. Perfect. Makes perfect sense. That is, these are files are now on my PC available and ready to transfer to the TIVO box using the TIVO box menu. I'm not confused yet.



I then select one of those files in the "Now Playing on Gateway" and instruct it to "Transfer this recording." Still making perfect sense and it acknowledges the request and says it will be in the "To Do" list to be transferred when it can. Still not confused because you can see in the To Do list that it's scheduled to transfer and, in fact it does transfer and can then be watched.



But after the transfer takes place, when checking "Now Playing," the newly transferred video is listed up along with the listing of all other regularly recorded TV shows.



Why isn't the video located in the "My TIVO recordings" folder? It seems to me all ALL transferred videos (from the PC to the TIVO box) should land in the "My TIVO Recordings" folder of the "Now Playing" listing. At least that's what I'd like. Oddly there are some older videos I've transferred that ARE listed in the "My TIVO Recordings" folder. But I don't remember when/how they got there.



So my questions:

1) Is there a way to always make transferred videos (from my PC to the TIVO box) always land in the "My Tivo Recordings" folder on the TIVO DVD?

2) And/or is there a way to move videos in the TIVO "Now Playing" area into the "My Tivo Recordings" folder?



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire