lundi 27 avril 2015

Automated Webcasts to TiVo - working (a good start)

Sorry if this is a re-tread for some of you:

Using a collection of existing utilities, I am able to nicely automate the process of downloading Webcasts to my TiVo:

1. gPodder - http://gpodder.org/

I identified my favorite podcast URLs in the app and set the refresh frequency (i.e., 30 min). This utility checks for new episodes and grabs them automatically into a designated folder on my PC. After a specified period, the webcasts are auto deleted from the PC (i.e., 1 day). A logfile is created with paths/filenames.

2. pyTivo AutoPush - http://ift.tt/1Exn3HC

This app monitors the designated folders (i.e., the identified Media folder config'd in pyTivo). As new content arrives in the folder structure, a pyTiVo push is initiated automatically.

3. pyTivo - http://ift.tt/1Exn3HE

Our trusty utility used to PUSH (and pull) content to TiVo.

4. Webcasts work great; but, as "other" content arrives in my \Media folders, they get also PUSHED to my TiVo in the same automated manner.

Nice!

The only bit of missing functionality which I am hopeful I can insert to this process is to adjust the ProgramName and TiVoFolder to permit a more orderly organization of the content as it arrives on the TiVo.

Looking at the various log files produced in the process outlined above, full paths and filenames are available which should permit me to inspect and automate the creation of the associated metadata files. Timing may be a factor to manage, but should be doable - i.e., enable the push app only when metadata files are ready for the current content set/or update period.

Thanks to all the authors of the utilities noted above! Your work is much appreciated.

If you have an alternate approach or utilities in your workflow, please share them.

PS> I realize this whole approach may soon be taken down by TiVo, but I am happy to leverage the tools while I can.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire