lundi 27 avril 2015

Dead Tuner?

Last week Cox came to my house and told me that my home was creating too much noise on the network and it was causing packet loss on the rest of the node. The issue wound up being the power pack on the Cox installed amplifier. Before they found that they had replaced the amplifier and the two splitters at the DMARC.

After they left I discovered that my Premier Elite was no longer connecting to the network via MoCA. I could watch it come up and drop repeatedly on the network status page.

Thinks got worse the next day when the TiVo would not tune any channels except for the local SD channels, and they were very pixelated. Thinking it might be a Cablecard issue I swapped the CC with the one in my 4. Still no luck. Along with this issue the fan start making a ton of noise, so I replaced it.

Cox is scheduled for a truck roll tomorrow. I'm just not sure what they are going to do. I am wondering if I have a bad tuner. Its just too much of a coincidence that this happened that same time they were screwing with my network. The TiVo that is having the issue is the only one that is connected directly to the amplifier, the other TiVo and Minis have a splitter between them and the amp.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire