jeudi 30 avril 2015

Is there a performance difference between the (CC & OTA) Roamio & the Plus & Pro?

I want to get a TiVo setup for my home and was originally considering 1 or 2 Plus or Pro Roamio boxes and 5 or 6 Mini V2 boxes, for a total of 7 boxes. I am considering cutting the cord in the future, so I am now thinking of getting 2 CC and OTA base Roamio boxes and 5 Mini V2 boxes. Is there any performance degradation or any lag associated with getting the base Roamio over the higher end models?

I know that the higher end Plus and Pro models include TiVo Stream capability and MoCA capability built right in. I currently have 2 Slingboxes and am considering getting a 3rd, so I don't really need TiVo Stream capability. I have Verizon FiOS and 4 Verizon MoCA routers in my network, so I don't need built in MoCA capability.

I only wish that the base Roamio had more storage , so I am planning on upgrading it to 1TB or 3TB. Will this void the warranty? If so, then I will need to get the external drive.

I had a change of heart on the Roamio model that I want because I can basically watch everything on NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, and official show websites. I noticed that all of my shows are on these services and I don't watch sports. I currently have the Verizon FiOS NY area Ultimate HD TV, 150/35 (really 152/72) Internet, and Phone bundle for $164.99. I pay an additional $91.99 for the Quantum TV Premium 7 room setup. I also pay about $30.00 in taxes and fees. I already have NetFlix and Amazon Prime accounts. I would only need to get a Hulu account.

Thanks a lot for reading.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire