mercredi 29 avril 2015

Problems with new Roamio. Am I screwed?

Just bought a Roamio with lifetime. Live in St. Louis have charter cable.
Took a couple of tries but got the Motorola cable card working. I can view everything but premiums. Called support was told I needed a tuning adapter. Tech support came out with a Motorola MTR700 which didn't work. Several tries later with several more tech support visits, they were not able to get the Roamio to recognize the TA. Last guy called his super to ask what he should do next. Super made it sound like they had done everything they could do at that point.
Some research on the internet, this forum and other places, said it could be that the TA needs a firmware update to 1.40 so the Roamio can talk to it. I called Charter to ask if they could locate a TA with the correct firmware. Tech support said they would send someone out with the correct box the next day.

2 guys from Charter show up to tell me the following.
1. They don't have a clue what the firmware settings are on the TA's
2. They can't change them
3. They may or may not get them in the future
4. Charter is going down a different path that may use different equipment

I have already filed a complaint with the FCC, but beyond that, I don't know what else to do. So, any suggestions?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire