mercredi 1 avril 2015

Interesting Pairing call today w/Comcast

Installed my new Roamio last week using a 1 year old cable card from one of my HD units. Since I only have digital basic and no extra's or premiums everything worked fine , all six tuners no problems. However 'Comcast On Demand' gives an error screen saying it requires pairing. So I broke down today and called the Comcast pairing number.

I was told due to ...quote.. 'Marketing Restrictions' The system will not allow un-pairing my cable card from the HD and pairing it to a Roamio (maybe I should have not mentioned Roamio) The rep offered to dispatch a Tech to bring in a different serial number card, and pair it. No charge, because its a Comcast problem !! I asked it it was a card EC level or part number restriction and the rep said no. It's just moving the same serial number cable card from an HD to a Roamio is a "Marketing Restriction". (whatever that means)

Has anyone heard of this before ? Tech's scheduled for tomorrow, hope this does not go south. I don't particularly like anyone touching my equipment or setup. Other option was to go to a Comcast store and swap cards ?? An hours driving and sometimes an hours wait..




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire