vendredi 24 avril 2015

Problem downloading Outdoor Channel HD video with kmttg.

I don't know enough about kmttg to say if the problem is with that program or somewhere else.

On Monday kmttg worked fine to download videos from the Outdoor Channel HD to my desktop computer. On Wednesday all I got were small, audio-only mpg files. I don't remember any program updates between the two days but there might have been. Standard definition programs from the same channel work normally as do all programs from a few other channels I've tried.

My stuff:
Verizon FiOS
TiVo Series 4 Premier Elite: software version: 20.4.6a.RC1-01-2-758
Verizon STB
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
kmttg v1.1n

I have the same issues on an identically configured laptop.

The programs were fine to watch on the TV so I re-booted the TiVo which didn't help (I've rebooted it two more times since then).

I switched kmttg to Transport Stream and it appears to download the entire program. I then found that TiVo Desktop set on fastest speed, and downloading TS files in a browser all seem to work, but not the program streams.

The tivodecode program doesn't work with TS format files, so I downloaded the trial version of VideoRedo Plus, got a key and registered it. I couldn't get it to work with kmttg so I tried loading videos directly into the program. It works fine with files from other channels, but with the TS files from Outdoor HD I get "H.264/AVC video streams are not supported in this version" messages. It looks like I would need to spend $100 for the TV Suite version to find out if that would fix my problem.

I then decided to try DirectShow Dump, but Norton anti-virus flagged it (by reputation) as dangerous and removed it. Probably a false positive, but I thought I'd ask here before I pulled it out of quarantine.

The ideal solution for me would be to be able to switch kmttg back to program stream and use tivodecode. The simplest would be just to watch the programs on TV, but that's so 20th century. ;)

Any help will be appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire