samedi 29 août 2015

Connecting TiVo Roamio to cable without card

I just cut off my cable but still have Internet though the cable company. I can connect the cable to any TV directly and pick up about 115 digital channels and 75 analog. I just purchased a Roamio. It says it has found 315 channels. However, it will only list about 20 of them. And of those 20, I have no picture. Antenna signal shows 0 for any of these channels. I hooked up a little cheap HD antenna and the picture immediately came up. Tivo's response was to get an amplifier because they say this has 4 tuners and it degrades the signal when splitting. I would venture to say that my cable has a lot more power behind it than that little cheap antenna I connected. But I did and as I thought, no difference.

So my question is, what is do different about the tuner in the TiVo than my TV's? Even a little cheap one I bought for the kitchen ($59) picks up the channels. I no longer pay for cable service and will not be getting a card. But if my TV picks the channels up as 'air' channels, why won't the TiVo?:mad:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire