lundi 31 août 2015

Inactivity Timer on Mini and One More Thing

So I recently bought a Mini for my bedroom since they are not charging a monthly fee for it anymore and found out about this Inactivity Timer they have set in the software. Tech support says it times out after 90 minutes, but the "ARE YOU THERE" message starts displaying after 4 hours and 15 minutes later it just goes to Tivo Central, wrong again tech support. I bought it mainly to listen to Music Choice or CNN when I go to bed and woke up the first night and found this out expecting it to still be playing whatever I went to bed listening to (TV not on, just A/V). No Sound...I do not understand why Tivo always wants to control our viewing behaviors. There is no option to turn this "feature" off or any option at all to extend the timeout, as expected from Tivo Development who does not even know what the word OPTIONS really means. I have a Roamio Pro and gladly can give up one of it's six tuners to dedicate to the Mini. Actually contrary to what tech support says, the timer is not 90 minutes nor is the only way to give that tuner back to the RP is by turning off the Mini. You only have to go to Tivo Central and that disconnects it. Also I find it highly annoying that if you are watching a recording from My Shows or Netflix or On Demand or from wherever and when it finishes it takes forever for it to timeout and then it just goes back to Tivo Central instead of just starting to play the tuner, which should NOT be disconnected. The Mini should work like the main unit with regards to these two deficiencies. We pay for this equipment and I was wondering if anyone out there feels the same way? Tivo seems to think it should be like that, no extension of the timeout and no plans on changing the way it works. Let's not even discuss that there is no optical audio out jack on the box (my A/V in the bedroom is an older non-HDMI Yamaha that works perfectly fine), however I found out that for $40 or so you can buy a box that has HDMI in and HDMI out to the TV and also has optical audio out to the A/V. I personally only have small front and center speakers in my bedroom, so the sound is not a really big deal. I really do not understand the brains behind Tivo Development...:confused:. But I must say it really is amazing how it all works with MOCA and since it now has free lifetime service which is included in the price of the Mini.

Comments anyone? I could not find this topic in the first few pages of this thread which is why I am posting it and sorry if this has already been discussed. Thanks.

Hopefully I have used good grammar, etc since I know how some people are in here...:D


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire