vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Fixed Series 3 OLED TIVO!

Just want to say THANKS! to everyone who posts solutions.

Our tivo has had a few problems in the last couple of months.

The 1TB "death star" bit the dust. Thought maybe it was the bulging caps so I replaced all of them. Got the cap list right off the forum.

Put the orginal 250gb back in and it was working OK. I forget exactly why I replaced it, but it wasn't just for more space. Anyway it started rebooting. Did a kickstart 54 and got "Fail 7". Never did find out what the code meant but I figured the drive was hosed. Dragged out the desktop and hooked the drive up and started the WD disk test. It wouldn't even see the drive. Plugged in the new WD 1TB green AV drive and it showed up. So we knew for sure the orginal drive was a brick. Got winMFS and image. I was suprised how fast it set up the new drive. It updated the software on the drive without a glitch. Got the error I knew was coming, did the clear and delete went through the guided setup again and we are back in business!

I was really surpised it didn't delete the cable card info. (Comcast w/motorola cards) They are tied to the MAC addresses in the tuners?

Once again Thanks to everyone.



JS




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire