jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Series 2 Cable Card problem

Yes, I know that S2s don't and can't use cable cards, but I'm wondering if my 540 has suddenly forgotten that.



It was supposed to record "Stalker" off of analog Time-Warner Cable channel 9 last night, but View Recording History says it wasn't recorded and here's the explanation it gives:




Quote:








Stalker: "The Haunting" on Wed Oct 29, 10:00 pm WNCT



This program was not recorded because either the TiVo DVR is not authorized for this channel, the program was not purchased, or the program was not available in your area.





The TiVo in question had switched its single tuner to the local PBS affiliate on 13 overnight to record some of their stuff, and it was on 13 this morning, but I tuned it back to 9 with no problem.



I can't find anything online about WNCT having had a signal loss last night.



There are no cable boxes in the house, there are no cable cards, not even in my S3s, it's all plain old-fashioned NTSC analog over coax, so I don't understand what would have triggered that error code and decision not to record.



If it were just temporary loss of signal, well, I've had that happen before and the error code was something about signal not present, nothing about "you didn't spend enough money or don't live in the right location".



I checked the on screen guide and up-arrowed it to last night's listings and "Stalker" is still listed as having been on at 10, so it wasn't some last minute schedule change info.



Any clues? Any guesses?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire