lundi 27 octobre 2014

Video Output Setting

Hi,



I have my 1st TiVo, Roamio Pro. Had Cox HD DVR for years. I use HDMI to connect TiVo.

I would like to set TiVO to NOT convert broadcast video format. My 16x9 TV does up-convert them just fine. I watch mostly HD channels; 1080i or 720p & rarely SD channels 480p. Used to be 480i when analog, b4 the mandatory digital TV conversion. 1080p is limited to Blu-ray discs so far. So, my TV handles all 5 formats.



My TiVo Video Output setting is currently 1080i. I read:

“How to Set the Video Output Format on Your DVR”

http://ift.tt/1rJBq1O



I wanted to change it to “Native” but, that is not an option despite the above TiVo support article. “Native: The box sends all video in its original broadcast format, with no conversion. Native mode is recommended if your TV supports all four formats.”



I read the TiVo Roamio Guide pg. 62

http://ift.tt/1zyF4V3



“ Video output formats”

“If you are using an HDMI® cable to connect your TiVo Roamio to your television, the TiVo Roamio will automatically set the optimal video output format for your TV. You can also set the output format automatically by selecting ‘Auto Detect’ from the Video Output Formats screen.”



I was unable to set “Auto Detect.” The info button gave more info & suggested to check each format your TV supports. I cannot seem to change it from the default “1080i”



I think having TiVo set to 1080i means that when I tune to a 720p channel, TiVo converts the signal to 1080i. How can I set the TiVo to output the video format that is broadcast? I want my TV & not TiVo to do any conversion.



Thanks,



Steve




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire