mardi 28 octobre 2014

Why are VoD pay options now the default instead of just Record?

tl;dr

I want the 'Record' option to once again be the default first option always since, you know, that's why I bought a Tivo.

--------------------------------



If my Roamio is what everyone else is seeing now after updating, I'd think there are more then a few people peeved at this change.



I don't use or care to even see pay options. I pay a monthly fee to Tivo, and yet still have had to put up with the ever-increasing bloat of ads, pay options and any trick they can come up with to get you to spend more money.



To the point ...



I record a lot of shows from the weekly program schedule, like movies and shows in the next few days which are not season passes.



How can I configure my Roamio to once again show 'Record' as the default option instead of all that VoD crap now stuck in front of it? I could not find any option to disable all pay/VoD options which I don't have and won't use.



Why wasn't this junk added down the menu list anyway instead of the very first default option? You don't change the long-established muscle-memory default like that, except when purposely trying to weasel into people's habits. And it isn't even consistent, because it keeps changing depending on whether that particular show is VoD-able or not as to if the option is there (and first).



Entering a PIN as protection against accidentally charging me isn't what I mean; I want VoD options either not showing at all or at the very least not the default since I will never, ever use them.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire