lundi 13 octobre 2014

[ANN] The TivoHMO and TivoHME ruby libraries

Hi all,



I officially had too much time on my hands, and being a ruby fan decided to reimplement hmo/hme in ruby:



http://ift.tt/11eBn7J

http://ift.tt/1wt7VUW



I'm a fan of plex for managing my library, and pytivo/hmeforpython for making my library available to my tivos, but was finding it too difficult to use plex as the metadata source for pytivo/hme. Thus I wrote these with a little more separation between components to make it easier to plug/play the bits extenders may care about. The original goal when I started was to have a single media library through plex, and have it exposed to the tivo with hmo, maybe hme, and possibly an opera app. Given the recent work by ntlord ( http://ift.tt/11eBn7L ), I'm not sure if I'll do much with the hme implementation so it remains lacking a test suite, but thought I'd share in case others were interested.



The tivohmo project is mostly complete and tested, but the transcoder is pretty basic. If anyone is more of an expert in all the ffmpeg magic involved in getting video to a form the tivo is looking for, and is looking to contribute, I'd be happy to accept :) A way to serve streams to tivo mini's would also be very cool, but have no idea where to start.



This project wouldn't be possible without all the other groundbreaking work done in the other tivo projects (pyTivo, hmeforpython, videomanager, etc), so would like to thank everyone thats contributed to those projects for figuring out all the hard stuff to make my life easier :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire