mercredi 8 octobre 2014

Charter not supporting 6 tuners

I'm getting the run around from Charter. I recently upgraded my Tivo's when Charter went 100% digital and made my older Tivo's obsolete. I decided to upgrade my home LAN to gigabit and install a Roamio Plus and multiple Tivo Mini's.



I ran into a problem with programs not recording and my Mini's going into a "Channel not authorized" state which required rebooting the Roamio to clear. After reading other posts, I pinpointed the problem to the Mcard firmware in my Cisco card. I have a newer Cisco card (2013 manufacture date) but the firmware is 1.5.2_F.p.2401 (June 25 2010 build date). I understand that I need 1.5.3_F.p.1101 or later to support the 6 tuners on my Roamio Plus.



I did find the codes to restrict the Roamio to fewer tuners. I entered in the code for 4 tuners and my problem went away. Actually, one of my Mini's went into the "Channel Not Authorized" state last week but I remembered that the Roamio had a software update (and reboot) which must have cleared the 4-tuner restriction code I entered. I reentered the code to the Roamio and then my Mini was working find again (no need to reboot the Roamio!).



I've had 2 Charter techs at my home so far and they were no help. The cards from their warehouse have the old firmware. Charter told me they only support 4 tuners and even though I've read about other Charter customers having the exact problem resolved with the newer firmware, Charter refuses to fix my problem. I escalated it and had a manager contacting me last week saying he was shipping me out a card that was supposed to arrive Friday or Saturday. It never did and he has quit calling. I called in today and got first level support (the Charter people you talk to never give you their direct lines, only the 888 number). They are sending a tech out tomorrow with a card from the local warehouse (or one the tech has in their truck) so I doubt it's going to have current firmware.



I'm starting to think that Charter doesn't want to fix the problem and wants to put Tivo out of business so Charter can lease me boxes for all my TV sets.



Any suggestions on how to proceed? Where can I file a complaint?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire