mardi 7 octobre 2014

Couple of questions about Roamio Basic and FIOS

Ok, I've been a Tivo customer since 1999, including a Series 1 still with grandfathered Lifetime service, which I'm considering transferring to a Roamio.



My current Tivo is a Series 3 which has been working like a champ since I got it when it first came out (well, I did have to replace the caps in the power supply), but it's still on its original hard drive. I love it.



Anyway, at my g/f's house, we just got a new Vizio 55" TV and "sound bar" but the FIOS DVR remote won't control the TV separate from the sound bar, like my Tivo can do with my audio receiver.



So I'm thinking of dumping the FIOS DVRs at her house (she has two) for a Roamio Basic+Tivo Mini -- mostly so I can control the TV, Tivo, and Sound bar using just one peanut remote. And the PLS transfer I can do from my S1 makes it pretty affordable.



So, my question is: Having NEVER really used any of the Tivo XL/Premier units, and hearing about early problems with Roamio, what can I expect moving from the S3 to Roamio? Is it an improvement? Will I be disappointed compared to either my S3 or the FIOS DVR (which actually works pretty well).



I just don't want to order the Roamio and effect the PLS transfer, only to be disappointed and have to return it, which then I don't know what happens to the PLS that was transferred. Does it revert back to the S1?



Also, I'm assuming I'll need TWO MoCa adapters for the Roamio basic -- one for the unit, and one for the FIOS router.



Also, how many FIOS cablecards would I need for the Roamio Basic?



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire