mardi 7 octobre 2014

Finally ready for HD - Which way to go?

Since nobody has started this topic under DirecTV since 2007 I thought it might be nice to get an update.



It took me all of one month of retirement to kill my old SD TV so of course I am jumping to a 60 inch HD Plasma with 3D and Wi-fi. That means I need a Blu-Ray and DirecTV HD service.



My current setup:



Phase III oval dish feeding my trusty and much-valued DSR6000 with 500 SD hours and a D12-100 DirecTV standard receiver in the bedroom for a Series 2 TiVo and a 21 inch SD TV.



I want to keep my DSR6000 as long as DirecTV will support it. Love the remote management capability with TivoWebPlus along with the flexible padding with EndPadPlus and download capability with Tytools. Also have saved/replaced the hard drive multiple times.



I guess the big question is whether I sacrifice the TiVo interface to add a Genie to the mix or sacrifice newer features to get a THR22 and keep the TiVo interface albeit without the features I love on the DSR6000. The new TV will have all the online features that I could want and I'm not interested in the networking that the Genie provides. I don't really even need a DVR in the bedroom. The five-tuner capability of the Genie is the real draw in my eyes.



Along with the features I mentioned for the DSR6000, being able to recover the contents of the disk is a paramount concern as we tend to get very far behind on our network shows. For instance we are nearly a year behind right now. I know - record fewer shows. :) The other possibility the new TV provides is online services to get old episodes.



So, I guess it's a Genie versus a THR22. If the THR22 would be the best bet, is there any disadvantage to getting a large capacity one from Weaknees?



Any advice, especially pointing out anything that I have factually wrong, is appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire