dimanche 30 mars 2014

Is Roamio Basic the Right Choice?

I'm contemplating adding a Roamio to my 2 Premieres and want to get experienced feedback to make sure I'm not missing something in my analysis.



The TiVo Roamio Basic with a $75 discount from the March Mayhem promotion is only $125.



It has only 4 tuners, but I have 2 Premieres (4 total tuners there), so even if I want to add TiVo Mini(s) later, I'll still have tuners to spare.



It has no Stream, but I don't know how much I would use that. I currently use KMTTG to encode to m4v for playback on my iStuff while traveling. Yes it might be an improvement, but I can always add it later for $129, and locate it at my switch in the basement where its noise won't be an issue.



As for HDD size/recording capacity, according to the upgrade threads on this forum, it is an easy upgrade.



So.... for $100 less than a Roamio Plus, I can have a Roamio Basic with 2TB HDD, and add Stream later if I get the itch. In fact, for $60 less than a Roamio Plus, I can have a Roamio Basic with 3TB HDD, and still add the Stream later, for $130 less than a Roamio Pro.



Is there some dimension I'm not figuring here, or am I right that, at least for me, the Roamio Basic is the best way to go....




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire