samedi 29 mars 2014

Roamio MoCA connection advice

I am trying to help a relative get their TiVo Roamio Pro and Mini working with MoCA networking. I have been using MoCA networking with my FIOS service for years but I have run into problems with their Brighthouse cable wiring. I am working with two (2) separate cable feeds in their attic but I know there are more, which means more splitters. I will try and see if I can trace them on my next visit. I also plan to install a POE filter as soon as I get one.



I had some success in that I got the Mini working with a MoCA network connection and they can now watch live or recorded shows in HD. To get this far I added an Actiontec MoCA adapter and switched the feed for the Mini to the 2-way splitter (in the attic) that also feeds the MoCA adapter and cable modem (see Office Area on left of attached diagram).



I did a lot of reading on the TiVo Community site and it seems that the consensus is to keep the cable modem on a separate feed that is NOT downstream from an amplifier.

Also, if you use an amp, you can use diplexers to route the MoCA signal around the amp. I attempted to show my plan for getting their Roamio Pro connected via MoCA on the right-side of my diagram.



I originally tried to use a 3-way splitter (on a feed in the attic) that would have:



1) Cable Modem

2) Mini

3) Roamio Pro



but the signal to the cable modem was too weak and it would not connect.



Ok, here are my questions:



1) Does my diagram make any sense ?

2) Is there any way to safely feed the cable modem from a line from the 8 way splitter that is AFTER the amp ?



Currently, the Roamio Pro is connected via WiFi which seems to get about 18-20 mbps when I test with my PC. The MoCA connection to the Mini seems to get a good PHY rate (230-250) and it replaced a SlingLink power connection.



Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.




Attached Images








File Type: jpg MoCA_with_Amplifier_6.jpg (40.3 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire