vendredi 28 mars 2014

Stupid Charter... Channel lineup update, lost my channels

I came home from band practice last night to find out that I received a channel lineup update. YAY!!!(not!)



Charter recently switched over to digital in my area which has everybody completely angry. A large percentage of houses in my area are very large vacation rentals that are vacant for 8 months. Many of these homes are 8-10 bedrooms and have 15+ televisions. Since Charter is now scrambling, you have to have a charter box or cablecard on every television. This is expensive for these rental houses!



So back to my problem...



This channel update removed a large majority of the channels in my lineup. I can go to the Tivo Channel list page and the channels are listed but they were mostly unchecked. I lost all of my guide info on all but two channels...which is a little strange in and of itself. I had to go back and check several hundred boxes to get my channels back, then I had to repeat guided setup.



I filed a complaint last night about missing channels with Tivo. They have responded and asked me to fax them a channel list from Charter, which I did. It was about 15 pages...



I've gotten a few strange messages. The first message on both boxes was the "new lineup" message which was several pages long as it deleted a few hundred channels.



On my premier, I got a message stating that they received incorrect lineup info from my cable provider and to run guided setup again. I did and that seemed to fix the problem.



On my HD, I received a message saying my channel lineup was incorrect. When I hit the "next" button, it told me to disregard the previous message as I have since selected to not use cable with my tivo.......?



So I'm running guided setup on this one now, which should fix the problem. I guess I'm not really asking for help as much as venting. I missed recording several programs yesterday because of this idiocy.



I'm pretty certain that this is Charter's fault. Charter is run by idiots.



I was planning on buying a roamio plus and a mini in the next few days, but this situation has made me stop and think about it first. :mad:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire