dimanche 30 mars 2014

Tivo Roamio Pro and Sling Box Solo

I have a Roamio Pro with Moca connection for internet. I had Sling Solo not connected to anything, and recently needed to watch live TV away from home. It was so easy! I just connected the Sling Solo to my Roamio Pro using the component connections, then used the ethernet ports on each for the internet connection. I put the IR's on and placed them in front of the Tivo IR, and it worked great! I'm not using the out video ports on the sling, as I don't need it- it's going to be used for out of home live TV viewing only.



I did do a re-setup on the sling, as I had not connected it to a tivo before. I enabled out of home viewing as well on the sling set up. Now the virtual remote is a tivo remote and it can change channels successfully. To test the scenario, I had my laptop disconnect from my home wireless network and connect to a cellular Verizon WiFi network. It was able to stream my live TV from the Tivo. Now I'm confident it will work when needed, as we will use this Verizon wifi jetpack to connect to the internet to watch live TV via the sling at slingbox.com.



I didn't see a topic exactly like this, so I'd thought I'd share my experience.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire