dimanche 30 mars 2014

Roamio's becoming piles of crap

I've never been so down on TiVo As I have been these last few months. The company is putting out garbage. And doing nothing to make it better.



If tonight I could go out and get an X2 system from Comcast, I probably would do it.



The TiVo service sucks. And TiVo can't get it right.



They've been sitting around blaming CableCARDs for innumerable problems and doing nothing to make anything better, whether or not that really is the problem. They know when these problems occur. They could at the very least create an option we could choose to enable to automatically reboot the TiVo when they occur, or at some reasonable schedulable time afterwords.



Tuner's just stop working.



Rebooting is almost a daily necessity just to have more than an 80% chance of everything recording.



And now I discover first-hand some things I've heard mention of before... while a C133 error happens -- ostensibly because TiVo's servers have a problem again -- you can't even make the stupid Roamio stop a recording in progress.



WHAT A PILE OF GARBAGE.



TiVo should fire every single person who designs or writes code for them because this is just totally absurd form every sort of usability standpoint any reasonable person could ever manage to come up with. TiVo should be HUGELY ASHAMED of what their products have become.



I've got a neighbor going through similar issues with an XL4. They just resorted to scheduling a 4am daily reboot with a power controller.



I am so very thankful I resisted replacing a TiVo HD with a Roamio and a couple Mini's for my parents this Christmas... but I just was so uncomfortable about the myriad of issues to add a remote headache like this, and things have only gotten worse since the holidays.



This is completely unacceptable. Anyone considering a TiVo Roamio model should wait until these reports completely stop and fixes are in place and things are stable.



MAKE IT CLEAR TO EVERYONE THAT FIXING EVERY ONE OF THESE THINGS IS A NUMBER-ONE PRIORITY.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire