lundi 28 juillet 2014

3tb Tivo Roamio - Internal vs External

Ok... so heres my story...

I have a tivo Roamio i bought about a year ago, opened the box, and threw in a brand new 3tb drive.. all was great in the world!!

two weekends ago, had a weird electrical problem in my house, that took out my tv, and TV box... (no power) No big deal, tv was repair under warrenty, and Tivo charged me 50 bucks for a new(referb) box.. No big deal, i opened the refurb box, and popped in my 3tb drive, hoping i wouldnt lose all my shows...

I boot it up, wonderus day, theres all my recordings.. it did move EVERYTHING from deleted back into active

no biggy.. however, i was getting I THINK it was a c133 unknown error, and could not get the Box to activitate my tivo service... It stated on the tivo central screen (we will fix this, you may watch live tv and recorded shows)

Tivo no knowing i change my HD sent me another box thinking it was a problem with the box... last night i sat down to watch one of my shows, it came up with this weird, the user has placed this show to delete in dec 2017, which means its lifespan is 12353232 mins away.. therefor cannot be played...

and NON of my shows were watchable...

So NOW i have my Original 1tb drive in my tivo, and it booted up just fine, and is activated...

So my delema is..

I have my 3tb drive.. is there ANY way to get the shows off of there..

and going forward, should i try and get the 3tb external, this way IF my box craps out again, i can just plug the external into the new box, remember the cable card is the same, that got moved from the old bad box to the new one...

Sorry for the long winded story, just very sad to have lost all my shows :(

any help would be awesome!! thanks so much everyone




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire