dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Roamio Basic fan noise and suggestions

I know there is an existing thread on this:

http://ift.tt/1xk5NhD

but I wanted to bring it up again just to make sure I don't have a defective unit. I purchased my Roamio basic from Amazon and got it up and running this past week. Ever since I plugged it in, I could hear this sort of high pitched noise/whine coming from the unit. My search for this issue didn't find much, and in the other thread referencing the noise, some people said they heard a noise, some said they didn't, so it didn't seem convincing that many people heard the same noise. I called TiVo support and they said the noise was the fan, which I suspected. They said if it gets louder or annoying, I can send it in and they can replace the fan. However, I'm within my 30 day return window with Amazon so it might be quicker to do a replacement and see if the new one makes the same noise but I don't want to do that if this is normal. I've attached a recording from my phone taken right by the unit. I had to boost the volume so the background noise is loud, but if you listen to the higher pitched noise, that is what I'm referring to.

The Motorola DVR I had from Cox made noise, but it was just a blowing air type noise and it was very quiet. This noise can be heard throughout my living room and I can even hear it now while I'm watching TV if the volume isn't too loud. It's starting to get annoying, and my entertainment center doesn't have a cabinet wide enough for me to stick it in to see if I can eliminate the noise. Can anyone with a basic let me know if they hear this same type of noise?

Also, I noticed with the TiVo suggestions that it was only recording SD versions of programs. I read a thread that said to remove the SD versions of channels I have in HD, which I did (and as a plus, it made my guide cleaner). However, it's still only recording shows on the SD channels I have left in the lineup. I was hoping to use the suggestions since I used to use TiVo a while back before I went HD and rented the DVR from Cox, but it's now useless if it won't record any HD. Is there any way to get it to record on HD channels?




Attached Files








File Type: zip Roamio Basic Noise.zip (72.9 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire