dimanche 27 juillet 2014

MOCA or Ethernet

Hi All



I just ordered my Roamio Plus and 3 Mini's. While waiting for them to arrive I thought I'd get a few answers if possible. I did read other posts about this subject.



I have coax and ethernet in each of the rooms already.



I have not decided which room to put the main unit in as of yet. Right now I have Directv and the main unit is in the bedroom at the far end of the house along with the Router/Modem.



The other end of the house is where the Directv (and where the cable) used to come into the house to the splitter which then branches out to the DTV genie subunits.



My network is all Cat 6a at the minimum. I have 3 NAS' on the network, AV receiver, 2 apple TV's, 1 Amazon fireTV, 4 media players, 4 computers, 4 laser printers, 2 color printers, an all in one printer/copier/fax machine, 6 iPads all on my network, ooma telephone. Doing a lanscan shows I have 34 different devices currently connected to the network either wirelessly or wired. Each room has a GB switch in it that feeds back to the main switch in the bedroom.



I am frequently transferring files back and forth between NAS' as well as the computer to the NAS' at all hours of the day. Each computer is backed up throughout the day. I also stream full BR.ISO's, etc from one of the NAS to the home theater room.



I am just wondering if I should be going MoCA or Ethernet? My major concern is that if a bunch of things are going at once on my network could I potentially have some streaming issues between the Roamio and the Mini's or even steaming issues with large files to from the NAS to the HTPC.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire