mardi 29 juillet 2014

Roamio and Mini troubleshooting

Got a Roamio Plus and three Mini's. I replaced the drive with a WD 3 TB AV-GP green drive before first use. All are on a MOCA network with Fios service.



My issue is a combination of heavy pixelization and stuttering, both live and recorded shows. Sometimes if I back up the problem remains the same, in other cases the second time through the playback is clear. It's intermittent so a real challenge to identify the source so far.



I've also occasionally gotten a channel not avail or authorized error on the Roamio, often on two or three in a row, then when going back to that channel in a few seconds it works.



Lastly less often the Roamio will just be really slow going through any menu, or fail to change channel or change and no video or audio appear, and finally it will reboot. I can hear a Mini in the other room still playing while the Roamio is frozen locally, of course the Mini goes down when the Roamio finally reboots.



All the Mini's also suffer from an occasional sudden reboot. I've replaced the splitter and all but two of the coax runs (those two runs are going to be extremely difficult to replace so they are a last resort), including the original coax from the Fios ONT to my splitter. I replaced the patchwork of splitters and cables with one central splitter, save one run to my office has a splitter for the Mini there and my Fios router.



I've power cycled the Fios ONT too (and Router).



I'm torn on whether to try putting the unused original 1 TB drive back in or temporarily run coax on the floor to the two difficult to replace spots as a troubleshooting method. If neither of these find the problem I'd assume the Roamio itself has issues.



I had a Tivo HD and Premiere before buying the Roamio on the unimproved coax cable plant with NO issues whatsoever.



I'm leaning towards a diagnosis of the HD being flakey, the Roamio having issues with drive access and causing all these symptoms.



Thoughts? Thanks in advance!



Before the Roamio and other Tivo's, I had a couple Panasonic Showstopper / Replay TV's, and later four Sonic Blue 5000 series Replays, and Ceton tuner with WMC, etc. How did we live before DVR's?



Mark




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire