dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Roamio Pro V-58 Error

Received my new Roamio Pro Last Week, Previously had a Premier and a Elite online, my intent was to replace the TWC DVR for the kids TV. Installation went fine as well as the Cable card pairing. All seemed well until the next morning when I started to notice some of my scheduled recordings being cut short with no signal on the channel. After some tinkering I notice that many channels when selected would appear to tune for a moment then I would get a blank screen with a Tivo Generate V-58 (Unauthorized Channel contact your cable provider message", I checked the other Tivo and the TWC box and they both tuned and received the troubled channels without incident.



I initially contacted the generic TWC support and the women who answered convinced me within 10 seconds that she would be useless in resolving the problem, I then called the cable card support number and the fellow I spoke with (Matt) was more than helpful and clearly had a functional knowledge of the equipment. We went through many tests to check signal levels etc, swapped out the tuning adaptor and tried a different cable card, all resulting in what appeared to be good functionality followed with a few hours by a repeat of the same V-58 failure.



Reaching full aggrevation level I put it to bed for the night, when I looked at it again the next day all seems to work correctly and cannot get it to repeat the error.



I'm wondering if others have experienced the same and could this simply be a case of one or all of the following (Tivo,Tuning Adaptor, Cable Card) needing some time to settle or acquire some additional data relating to the channel lineup ?.



Additionally thinking that perhaps the cable card wasn't really capable of handling the six streams I disabled tuners 5 & 6, after some further searching I'm pretty sure the card is capable but haven't yet re-enabled the additional two tuners..



At the moment TWC is scheduled to come out on Thursday but I'm skeptical of their thought that this is a signal level issue..





Thanks for any guidance, or past experience..




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire