mardi 7 octobre 2014

Remote input jumpy, like phantom clicks

Hello all (I've been in the community for probably 10+ years, just had to get a new user though).



One of my trusty old Series2s gave up the HD ghost a week or so ago and I replaced it with a Roamie (the base one). And I've been running into a odd little quirk... every once and a while, it gets phantom clicks. Let's say I am navigating around, it sometimes goes another step farther... Like if I am going up, it'll go up one last time after I stop clicking on remote. It doesn't happen all the time, but it can get annoying since sometimes, Its hit 'delete' rather than a different command, or it picks the wrong show, etc.



Near as I can figure, it can only be one of three things;



1) the remote is wonky (not very likely, Tivo remotes are near bulletproof)

2) The Roamio is having issues processing commands and doubling things up sometimes

3) getting some odd interfernce from something else in the living room.



#3 seems to me to be the most likely scenrio since I've seen this happen in the past, but when it did happen, the Tivo straight up wouldn't respond to remote commands... but a Series2 is a far cry different than a Roamio, so I don't think I can assume behave the same.



In any case... has anyone else run into something like this?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire