vendredi 10 octobre 2014

Series 2 DT won't connect to TiVo service

I have a Series 2 DT unit that has been working fine for the last several years that suddenly won't connect to the TiVo service. I spent a couple hours in chat with a support person who wasn't able to solve the problem. I've tried connecting with both network and phone, both fail. Here's what I've done so far:



- restarted the TiVo, switch and router

- verified that other TiVos in the house are connecting successfully

- verified that the network connection is good (plugged the cable into my laptop and verified that I could connect to web servers, etc)

- plugged this TiVo into the same jack that another TiVo uses that could connect to the service

- verified that I can ping the problem TiVo

- verified that I can connect to port 80 on the TiVo

- swapped network cables

- connected the TiVo directly to the router

- used static network configuration to make sure the IP, netmask and gateway are correct

- verified that the phone line had dial-tone and could make an outbound call



When attempting a network connection, I get the error code N13. When using dial-up, I get P07. The support person thinks it may be using an out-of-service phone number, but there's no way to verify that or change the number from within Guided Setup.



As an added bonus, the TiVo is currently in guided setup mode (my wife tried that to see if it would clear up the problem), and as far as I know, there's no way to get out of that until it connects to the TiVo service.



Is there anything else I can try?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire