dimanche 20 septembre 2015

Amazon streaming says 'included' but selecting content says it costs $$

I have recently had many streaming movies or content show up in the Tivo UI as "included with subscription" for Amazon but when I select Amazon and their UI loads, it shows up as costing money. What the heck?

Example: Search for Hitchcock's "The Birds" from 1963. It shows up as available to watch now through a few choices. When I select 'See all options' it shows:
Rent on XFINITY VOD HD $3.99
Rent on XFINITY VOD HD $12.99 (I don't know what's different here FYI)?
Rent on XFINITY VOD SD $2.99
Rent on XFINITY VOD SD $9.99 (Same .. . why are there two entries?)
Amazon Instant Video Included with subscription
VUDU Included with subscription
I select Amazon since I have a Prime subscription. When the Amazon UI loads it shows:
24hr HD Rental $3.99
24hr SD Rental $2.99
To confirm that my Tivo/Amazon accounts are actually linked up, I press the 'A' button for 'home' and yep, my Prime Instant Video account home is shown, with my video library available. All of my previously purchased content is there.

So what's up? Why the disconnect? Is this a Tivo data error or an Amazon data error? To whom do I report this as an issue?

If this was a one-off I wouldn't be too concerned but this has happened a few times now. Bull Durham. Transporter. We are Marshall. Prefontaine (which interestingly is also available on Netflix, which loads just fine (and for no cost) as expected.

What the heck? It seems like damn near every entry which is available on both Xfinity and Amazon is advertised as included with Amazon, but loads asking for more money. :mad: This has only appeared in the last week (that I've noticed) and things all used to work as expected. This is a relatively new problem. Help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire