lundi 21 septembre 2015

Mini can't connect to Roamio

Hello Friends,

i've had my Roamio up and running for a few weeks now, and finally got around to try to set up my mini on Saturday. Wife and baby were gone--time to pull some wire! ;)

So I pulled a brand new Cat-6 to my Roamio. Using an existing connection to the Mini in the theater, right next to my server rack. The Mini did it's download/setup thing fine. Until it came to the restart and the connect to Roamio step.

The Mini cannot find the Roamio on my network. The new Cat-6 seems to work fine. I checked for internet connectivity on a laptop, and the Tivo network diagnostic stuff seems to check out too. :confused:

My wiring "schematic"
  • Cable Company DEMARC to splitter
  • Splitter 1 RG6 to modem.
  • Splitter 2 RG6 to coax splitters . . .
  • Surfboard Modem Cat-6 to ASUS router/wifi.
  • Router Cat-6 to switch.
  • Switch to Roamio (via patch panel and keystone behind Roamio)
  • Switch to Mini, direct from switch to mini, no connectors.

Since everything seems to work okay with the Roamio, I'm assuming my new cat-6 and its ends are okay. I read in a thread on here about switch issues. I haven't tried taking the switch out of the equation just yet; will try that tonight, hopefully. I have some management options with my switch which I'll look into also.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for any help/advice/encouragement! :up::up::up:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire