mercredi 23 septembre 2015

Dialog too low and drowned out

I just got a Roamio and switched from DirecTV to cable. So far I really like the box, but I've been having problems with the audio. When using the TV speakers, and also with my surround sound receiver, the dialog is too low. I wouldn't call it muffled, but it does sound much lower than what I had with DirecTV. In normal scenes the dialog is low, but when there is music or effects, it can almost be completely drowned out. I've tried Dolby and PCM and both have the same issue. I even went as far as to hook up my DirecTV DVR (my service won't be cancelled until the end of the month), record the same shows on both my Tivo and DirecTV DVR and then flip back and forth between them and the DirecTV audio is much clearer and the dialog has much more presence than the Tivo. I've also noticed when I watch the Tivo through my receiver that the Tivo is setting a dialnorm of -3, which means that the Tivo is lowering the center (dialog) audio lower than the surrounds. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? It is so noticeable to me that it has me considering returning the box and reactivating DirecTV which is not what I really want to do.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire