lundi 21 septembre 2015

Pixelation on AMC, thru Comcast

Hi there,

Not sure where else to put this, so it's going here. :-)

I have Fear the Walking Dead setup to record on a Season Pass. I'd love to watch it live, but I can never tell when the wife will be ready to sit down and watch it with me. Fortunately, I have Sunday Night Football to keep me company, until that time. So last night, I went to my recordings to pull up the show and went to play FTWD. As soon as it starts, the dreaded pixelation comes up, making the show completely unwatchable. No other nearby channel had that issue. I gave it a few minutes and it never cleared up. So, I deleted/stopped the recording and figured I'd try the encore showing, which was starting only 15 minutes later. I set the Tivo to record it, then as soon as the red light came on, I switched over. Same thing. Pixelation. So, I stopped/deleted the recording, and tried to watch it "live". No change. Very pixelated. GRRRR

So, what's the problem? As I stated earlier, no other nearby channels were doing this. (I say "nearby channels" because I didn't go thru all 400+ channels to verify) Is this an indication of an issue with the AMC feed? Is it a Comcast problem? Something wrong with my Premiere box? I'm avoiding a phone call to Comcast, obviously, because I don't want to hear them try to blame my "customer-owned" equipment.

Any other ideas?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire